Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rainy nights and reflective lights

The weather in Colorado has been overcast with a lot of rain for days, which is rare. It feels like I am living in a different state, I miss my sunshine and I'm probably low on vitamin d. I saw this as a fine opportunity to make some interesting photographs. The old saying is true, every things better when wet. The glowing city lights shine bright on the wet surroundings. Water has a great reflective property that adds life into those otherwise dark and relatively boring surfaces.

I love the circular uniform pattern of out of focus spectral highlights. The Japanese word for this is "bokeh" and each lens does it a little bit differently. The abstract quality of it gives me the feeling of floating in space.






No comments:

Post a Comment